Information sheet for New Members
Welcome to the Otago Ski Club
The Ski Season
Our season runs from one day prior to the opening of the Coronet Peak ski field until one day after it closes. During this time our caretaker is in attendance at Joel Lodge.
The Lodge will be self catering except during peak season weekends. (Sat & Sun breakfast & Sat dinner). For catered weekend bookings please try and book by the prior Tuesday. Dates for catered weekends are advised by email and posted on the website.
• Provide your own sleeping bag and pillow slip (pillow provided)
• Bookings to be made via the website, under contacts.
• Facilities include drying room, kitchen, lounge, dining room & ski repair room
• Sleeping quarters are large shared bunk rooms. There are two family rooms which sleep two adults and two chidren
• No luggage in bunkrooms (fire requirement) – lockers provided in changing rooms
• No food in bunkrooms, bunkrooms are silent rooms
• Everyone is expected to carry out duties – caretaker will advise you of these
• Sign in on the board on arrival
• Car parking is available on the left side of Vincent Lodge – do NOT bring your car down to the lodge to unload, you will likely get stuck!
• The Lodge is locked during the day – caretaker will provide security number
• Fees can be found on the website
• Club Events – Ski weeks for children in July holidays, Club Week and Club Weekend. Usually the first weekend in August. Details will appear on website.
• Summer usage of the Lodge is available
• AGM held at the end of March
For more info please see FAQ (under the Join Now tab!)