“an unforgettable week on the mountain”
The Ski Week is a school holiday program run by the Otago Ski Club for school children between 9 & 18 years.
It involves staying at the lodge for the week and attending twice daily skiing or boarding lessons run by NZSki Lessons, available for beginners through to advanced skiers and boarders.
Six hut parents supervise the children during their stay in the lodge, and arrange breakfast, dinner and evening activities.
A ski week is an amazing way to spend a week up on the mountain and many of the participants (and hut parents) come back year after year for the fun!
Registrations are open !
There are two weeks to choose from that operate in the July 2019 school holidays:
– Week 1 from the Sunday 7th July to Saturday 13th July (skiing Monday to Friday).
– Week 2 from Sunday 14th July to Saturday 20th July (skiing Monday to Friday).
Participants should arrive between 3-4pm on Sunday and need to be collected by 11am on Saturday, or have made arrangements to be collected after this time at the NZSki.com base building.
Ski Week Packages
The Ski Week packages contain:
– Lift passes to ski/board NZSki.com Coronet Peak for five days (Monday to Friday). This includes 10 lessons (2 per day) and night skiing on Friday night.
– Accommodation at Joel Lodge, on Coronet Peak, Queenstown for six nights (Sunday to Friday). No transportation required to and from Queenstown. Stay on the mountain.
– Breakfast and dinner for duration of stay You will need to liaise with us if special diets are required please.
The following items are not included in the package price:
– Transportation to and from Joel Lodge, Coronet Peak, Queenstown
– Ski or snowboard equipment (boots, poles, skis, snowboard, clothing)
– Lunch and spending money
The price for Ski Week 2019 is $800.00. The price is reduced for season pass holders $525.00.
You must be or become a member of the Otago Ski Club. Membership rates and entry form can be found under the Join today section of this website.
Please complete the form below to register for Ski Weeks. Please DO NOT pay your deposit until your place is confirmed.
Week 2 is currently full for boys.
It may well require some juggling with numbers and this can not be done immediately though we are always happy to answer any enquiries you may have.
The requirements for hut parents are you will need to be a fully paid up member.
Preference will go to those that have a season pass, do not want to ski, or do not require lessons. Past experience is great but not essential. Having children on ski week is also great but again not essential to you becoming a hut parent.
The final selection for hut parents will potentially be sometime in May even early June
Last but not least please please advertise ski weeks. Put the poster on Facebook, Instagram, your school and local shop. Spread the news about this amazing opportunity for snowboarders and skiers. For any other enquiries please contact email@example.com