“Learn with others”
The Ski Week is for children between 9 and 18 years of age, who currently attend school and is not restricted to participants from the Otago region.
The Ski Week is run by the Otago Ski Club and NZSki, with six hut parents supervising the children during their stay in the lodge. Each day the children attend ski/boarding lessons run by NZSki who have classes for beginners through to advanced skiers/boarders.
Hoodies and T shirts now available. See Our Facebook page for more details.
Registrations are open !
*** DATES ***
There are two weeks to choose from that operate in the July 2018 school holidays:
– Week 1 from the Monday 9th July to Friday 13th July. Arrive at the lodge on Sunday the 8th of July and pickup on Saturday the 14th of July.
– Week 2 from Monday 16th July to Friday 20th July. Arrive at the lodge on Sunday the 15th of July and pickup on Saturday the 21st of July.
Participants should arrive between 3-4pm on Sunday and need to be collected by 11am on Saturday, or have made arrangements to be collected after this time at the NZSki.com base building.
*** SKI WEEK PACKAGES ***
The Ski Week packages contain:
– Lift passes to ski/board NZSki.com Coronet Peak for five days (Monday to Friday). This includes 10 lessons (2 per day) and night skiing on Friday night.
– Accommodation at Joel Lodge, on Coronet Peak, Queenstown for six nights (Sunday to Friday). No transportation required to and from Queenstown. Stay on the mountain.
– Breakfast and dinner for duration of stay You will need to liaise with us if special diets are required please.
The following items are not included in the package price:
– Transportation to and from Joel Lodge, Coronet Peak, Queenstown
– Ski or snowboard equipment (boots, poles, skis, snowboard, clothing)
– Lunch and spending money
*** PRICE ***
The price for Ski Week 2018 is $816.50. The price is reduced for season pass holders $550.50.
You must be or become a member of the Otago Ski Club. Membership rates and entry form can be found under the Join today section of this website.
Registrations for week 1 may require me to put people on a wait list.
Please get your registration in early. Fully paid up members and those that pay their deposit ( after their place is confirmed) will have a place confirmed. Those that go on the wait list will need to wait until later for me to confirm placings you will be informed of this and do not need to pay the deposit.
To secure your place the deposit and membership must be paid promptly or the place may go to those on the waiting list.
We often have space on week 2 so being flexible is often a way to get you onto a ski week.
It may well require some juggling with numbers and this can not be done immediately though I am always happy to answer any enquiries you may have.
The requirements for hut parents are you will need to be a fully paid up member.
Preference will go to those that have a season pass, do not want to ski, or do not require lessons. Past experience is great but not essential. Having children on ski week is also great but again not essential to you becoming a hut parent.
The final selection for hut parents will potentially be sometime in May even early June
Last but not least please please advertise ski weeks. Put the poster on Facebook, Instagram, your school and local shop. Spread the news about this amazing opportunity for snowboarders and skiers. Any other enquiring please contact email@example.com